Friday, September 10, 2010

2014 Technology

I watched this video on the future of screen technology and was amazed but at the same time concerned. Have a look at the video below and tell me what you think.:)



Even though the touch-screen technology is fabulous, anyone who uses them will at some point share with you some of the little annoyances that comes with it. I can't help but wonder what my bathroom mirror will look like if it also doubles up as a touch-screen computer. I have trouble keeping it clean as it is. I like the ease with which sharing will be made possible though and think that it will be useful for teaching and learning environments. The crux of the matter is that learning will be made possible everywhere. The question for me is really about how we deal with all the information that seems to encroach every aspect of our daily lives. What impact will it have on human interaction and contact. The clip displays very little human interaction as we are encouraged more to interact via technology. On the positive side it would seem that interacting via a computer will become more physical.

On a somewhat different note, Web 2.0 technology really offers excellent opportunity to easily integrate content from various sources. This is good for teaching and learning. While I've found Youtube an excellent resource, there are also podcasts on fascinating topics from radio programmes, like this one from 567 Cape Talk that can be used to spark off debates or classroom discussions. ENJOY!


1 comment:

  1. I am quite fascinated by it all, but I got to say, one thing that came to mind was "I wonder how expensive that's going to be" lol.

    Cool gadgets I must say, everything looks quite shiny and sleek.

    The fear that this will curb human contact and social connection would vary from individual to individual I would argue, because all people aren't into PC's and gadgets.

    For example, look at me, I use technology for the basic things like e-mail, printing, copying, etc. I can't surf the internet for long as I do get bored with it.

    It is my opinion though, we will just have to wait and see what happens when the touch screen technology arrives.

    ReplyDelete

The Artificial Intelligence effect: pouring new wine into old wineskins

I'm not really sure why I chose this title...perhaps it's because a friend once said it during a conversation about AI and its poten...