Saturday, November 2, 2013

IPad mini

Do people really want an iPad mini? I believe that there will be those we will find reason to get one even if they have just bought the iPad 3. The Real question though is what does the iPad mini offer that the big brother does not. The short answer is size. So if the convenience of size is a priority for you in doing your work I assume there will be enough reason to buy one. Also you will be saving some money on it's cost. With no retina display and a slower processor, Apple has made the criteria for choosing really simple. I am sure that Apple would not want to cut in on the market share it already enjoys with the iPad 3 and they would not be too concerned about the reduced hardware features. Let's face it ...the real appeal of the iPad mini is that you can comfortably hold it in one hand. So if you already have an iPad you will be forgiven if you go out to get the mini. I am sure that its launch will also coincide with having to buy all new accessories to match the new size.  

Fast forward a few month later from starting this post and now there's the iPad Air.... thinner, lighter, faster than its predecessor. Sound like we're talking about a superhero and maybe that's intentional to coincide with the popularity of superheroes on the big screen. But Apple has a lot me competition these days and that is a good thing for the consumer, I guess. Personally, I am not gonna rush out and buy one. Firstly, I'm not a gadget man and secondly the iPad2 I have serves me well...Now if the iPad Air can teach me how to fly...that's a different story.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Artificial Intelligence effect: pouring new wine into old wineskins

I'm not really sure why I chose this title...perhaps it's because a friend once said it during a conversation about AI and its poten...