Thursday, July 21, 2011

Power in my fingers

Battery life has always been a problem that comes with the proliferation of technology and the plethora of new applications that comes with it. Now apparently Australian researchers have come up with a solution that has the potential to power laptops through typing on the keyboards. Read more about it here!
And speaking about the proliferation of technology...how many of you are by now confused by the explosion of new names of computers on the market? There are no longer just laptops but notebooks, netbooks, epads, ipads, tablets, ipods, touch screens etc. The fact that there are so many hybrid devices makes distinguishing between them even more complicated. How does one make the right choice? Also, what is the difference between mobile devices and portable devices. I hope to bring you more details about this soon.

1 comment:

  1. This is interesting to hear. In my opinion, this seems good. As a student,I type at my laptop for hours at times typing assignments. researching or chatting every day and some prefer to do this outside under the sun. however, we tend to run out of battery. I think this will really be fantastic though I still have doubts that they will come up with this.
    But we must just believe cos technology in recent times has advanced a lot.

    ReplyDelete

The Artificial Intelligence effect: pouring new wine into old wineskins

I'm not really sure why I chose this title...perhaps it's because a friend once said it during a conversation about AI and its poten...