Friday, August 26, 2011

iPad and its potential for teaching and learning

Much like when the first iPod , iPhone and iPodTouch appeared on the market it the now the iPad2 that is causing quite a stir on the computing scene. Still very much sought after object I am content to say that I have touched one and that I know one or two people who actually owns one. But what can one use it for other than drawing attention to yourself when using it in public? Well, I came cross quite useful blog post http://www.speedofcreativity.org/ on one of its uses as a presentation tool. This in itself is nothing unusual other than the fact that it an app called ideaflight allows you to share PDF documents with as many as 14 other iPad users. This effectively eliminates the need for LCD projectors within a small group setting. Find out more here.

Also have a look at the following video about tool that can be used with iPads and iPods alike called NearPod (how do they come up with these names?). Perfect for the classroom. Now all I need to do is find myself 12 more friends with iPads and I need one too, and I will be the talk of the town. Anyone with deep pockets out there?


1 comment:

  1. If you find that person with the deep pockets ask him to sponsor me and iPad to :-)

    ReplyDelete

The Artificial Intelligence effect: pouring new wine into old wineskins

I'm not really sure why I chose this title...perhaps it's because a friend once said it during a conversation about AI and its poten...