Thursday, March 22, 2012

Something in the Air

Soundcloud is a new audio social networking site I came across. Probable not really new but new for me. I use to use something called Africa.org but somehow it is not in existence any more so here is an example of what I am talking about. I so wished that there was someone with whom I could use the extended features of Audacity and low and behold someone came up with a networked site. Anyway here is the low down and even though it is still early days for me with the software I am really excited about the potential it might hold for educators.



You can call this site the audio version of YouTube as it has many of the same features. You can add markers and make comments so you can imagine the amount of discussion that can be generated around a podcast. For educators I can imagine placing a podcast of a lecture online and asking students to comment on it. Also, it allows one to download the audio. Of course, this setting is controlled by the author. There's probably tons more you can do but I was so excited that i couldn't wait to tell you about it. We had plans to do something similar with an app called PodderLIve. Unfortunately it didn't see the light of day. For me this breathes some new life into podcasting. LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Artificial Intelligence effect: pouring new wine into old wineskins

I'm not really sure why I chose this title...perhaps it's because a friend once said it during a conversation about AI and its poten...