Thursday, January 17, 2013

The buzz about Graph Search

If you haven't heard about Graph Search by now you are probably not a Facebook user. Simply put, Graph Search is a search feature within FB that has recently extended the search function of FB. The feature is not to compete with Google but rather to provide FB users with an effective means of finding information about friends and connections they have made. Here's short video about the feature:  
 Pesonally,I feel this is a great addition as I manage a number of educational groups on FB and I hope this feature will help to locate contributions that have been made on certain topics without having to manually search for them under your friends profile. Well, I hope that is how it will work so I have signed up for the beta once it is available locally as I believe that it is only available in the US for now. Would be nice if one could Will keep you posted on my experience! Here is another video which tells us a bit more of what is to be expected!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Artificial Intelligence effect: pouring new wine into old wineskins

I'm not really sure why I chose this title...perhaps it's because a friend once said it during a conversation about AI and its poten...