Monday, September 21, 2015

Addressing campus audiences through the use of video

We have launched our latest IOP document campus wide with the use of technology and more specifically video. The first three videos recorded was that of our new leadership addressing the staff and students on how the process will unfold and the importance of the new IOP. This is one of the few occasions I used a teleprompter with the on-camera presentations. See for yourself the difference that this tool can bring to a presentation. I often had to do several takes before the speaker was comfortable with what they said and inevitably the takes are never 100% identical which make editing during post-production even more complex. Eye contact and engaging with your viewer is important when addressing them on matters of such importance. Also, leadership often don't have the luxury of spending hours in front of the camera just to get a few minutes of "airtime" out. To address this challenge I used to use my laptop but I found that it was too bulky and chose my iPad. It was smaller and easier to operate. Now if can only find a smaller teleprompter which would make greater mobility possible and perhaps move with a complete set-up into the office space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Artificial Intelligence effect: pouring new wine into old wineskins

I'm not really sure why I chose this title...perhaps it's because a friend once said it during a conversation about AI and its poten...